Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snow Day x 2!

This week mother nature gave me two snow days. So today I worked on sketches for work that has been on my mind. If I don't these ideas will just disappear with my forgetfulness. Love my sketchbooks! Just about everywhere I go there is a sketchbook in my purse or book bag. Its great to look through my books through time.

I excited to be starting a new series of paper mixed media paintings. I been thinking about my mom a lot lately and her experiences and feelings of being in Kansas and from an entirely different country. Home land and heritage was something of great pride for her and a memory that I can't seem to get out of my head. So, this is where my drive to create a new body of work that I can incorporate objects and places of significance to her and myself.

The image included with my post is the first of several pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment