Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pottery Love!

I have been busy with teaching High School art which I love! But also with making new work with clay. I am in love with Sgraffito and Misema surface designs in clay right now. The idea of drawing and putting my own sketches and drawings onto my pottery pieces is exciting. 

The influence in my work right now is with pattern, repetition and botanicals. There is something therapeutic holding your pottery and drawing your own designs onto the surface.


Clay is such a wonderful way of working and there is so much that can be done with clay. I really like the idea of working with my hands and building functional pottery pieces. I understand that all of us can go out and but a mug or bowl from Target or Pottery Barn , but the idea that someone threw or hand build a piece is truly gratifying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment