Monday, January 7, 2013

Praising my students work!

Wow! Christmas break went by fast! Today we start our Spring semester but I wanted to share some Ceramic work constructed by Introduction to Ceramic students. The work was extremely well constructed. My Intro to Ceramic classes learn four hand building techniques; Pinch pot, Pod, Coil and Slab construction. Students really like making pottery that is functional. There is a total of eleven pieces they will turn in for grades. Not all work will be fired, only well constructed work will make it to the kiln. This teaches students to take time and consider their craftsmanship. I give students a grade for bone dry constructed pottery. I reserve the right to fire pottery. Enjoy the pictures! I am always so proud of my students hard work! their work shows with the quality of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment