Monday, February 17, 2014

Art or not to make art?

Most of my energy and time is spent encouraging and assisting my high school students to make creative and beautiful ceramic pottery, paintings & digital art. This I truly love but at a cost of personal energy and creative energy. If only I could bottle the energy and enthusiasm my students exclude!

I am very excited to see the ideas and work that is coming out of the classroom this semester. Presently my Intro to ceramic classes are constructing coaster sets. This project students really get into! We use under glaze for the surface color and some will crackle the surface which is fine black lines that look like webs.  The next several projects will be a relief carved tile, slab building and finishing off the semester is coil building.

No comments:

Post a Comment