Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Let the School Year Begin

The one thing I am not very good about is blogging. Nor does anyone follow me, maybe because I am not very interesting or have anything but art to share.  No matter, I really enjoy sharing and talking about the art being created by my students and my own creative work. 

The beginning school year brought yet another new class that I was to teach and better yet to learn. It is pretty fun to learn something new, particularly technology. This semester I am teaching Digital Art. My district really went all out for my class, purchasing Bamboo tablets, Coral Painter 12 and Photoshop. I really was thrilled! The students will have all the tools to create amazing digital art. 

As always with technology there are issues with computers not turning on, printer problems etc..... But now everything is working wonderfully. I am very excited with the pieces that have been created. It has taken time for the students to get use to drawing on a tablet, it is a completely different feel. The first assignment was just drawing with line, hatching and cross hatching. The two pieces posted with this writing are line drawings with monochromatic color. I am thrilled these pieces. 

Ceramics I & II are going smoothly, students created pinch pots and now are constructed Pods. Next will be Coil constructed cylinders. Good times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment