Saturday, July 7, 2012

Newest Painting! Mixed Media

For the month of July I am happy to be part of a group abstract show at Beauchamp Gallery in Topeka, Kansas. The painting I am showing is titled "Aerial Farm Land", 5feet x 6feet, oil paint, oil glazes, pattern paper and hand sewing on canvas.

I love working on large canvas! More room the better. The sewing I incorporate in my work is something I never really explained. My mom did wonderful quilts. afghans, and embroidered work. Never when I was in my teenage years did I ever want to set around and sew!! But now that I am older and hopefully wiser, I really wished I had learned from mom this craft. One of my ways to remember and include my mothers memory in my paintings is sewing within my work.  Embroidery thread and hand sewing is always somewhere in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment