Monday, April 15, 2013

My newest inspiration

Everyday I spend time sketching in my art journal. So many things inspire me, nature, people and my own family history. My mother who died twenty one years ago has been a major force in my creative process. Textile art, stitching and quilt patterns have influenced my work. Lately I have been focusing on pattern, sewing and using old images of my mom and my past.

I am using Gel medium and photo copies of my old pictures to transfer them onto fabric (duck cloth). Then I will glue them onto my canvas. I will create a pattern of various sized squares that will cover the entire surface of my canvas. Once all that canvas squares are on, I will paint around and use oil glaze. So excited to see the final piece, just going to take a whole lot of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment