Monday, January 18, 2010

Beginning of New small mixed media pieces

The beginning of this year I have challenged myself to work with varies sizes of canvas and materials. I have always been fascinated with sewing, fabric, made papers and paint in combination. I really want to continue using these materials. The pieces that are posted above are in progress. The size is 5 x 5 inches, small for my work. Each piece is collaged with made papers and hand sewing. This new work is so exciting for me, I really was not motivated to make paintings, but this idea of creating a large number of smaller canvases was inspiring.

Today I had the chance to work in my studio for about 3 hours. I really wanted to get back down and continue working. But life as a working Mother/Artist is a challenging road. By creating this Blog I will motive myself to make time for my creative life, as well as sharing my studio work with anyone interested. This is going to be my new Artist Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment